Domestic violence affects the entire community. Even though most cases of domestic violence go unreported, every year there are still over 2.500 reports of domestic violence in the Savannah area alone.
Since 1979, SAFE Shelter has offered life-saving and life-changing services and programs to victims of domestic violence and their children free of charge. SAFE Shelter’s efforts are only possible because of the generous support we receive from individuals and organizations, who believe everyone deserves to live a life that is violence-free. You can be a part of the solution. Please donate today. Your gift gives adults and children hope that comfort, safety and security are within reach; and provides them with the resources to rebuild their lives. All donations are tax deductible, and only SAFE Shelter clients benefit from your donations.
Please make an online contribution to SAFE Shelter by hitting the “DONATE” button below. That will take you to a secure, PayPal location. If you already have a PayPal account you can use that to make your donation, or you can use a credit card without setting up a PayPal account.
Help SAFE Shelter and honor someone in your life with a meaningful gift.
Memorials: If you have lost a loved one, consider honoring their life with a gift to SAFE Shelter. We will send a card to notify the family of your gift “In memory of their loved one.”
Honoraria: Celebrate a special occasion such as a birthday, anniversary, graduation, or wedding with a gift to SAFE Shelter. We will acknowledge your gift with a special message from you, if you include one with your donation.
Click the Donate button below to start the donation process. PLEASE be sure to include the type of donation (memorial/honoraria) and the name and address where you would like the acknowledgement to be sent in the “Purpose” field on the page.
SAFE Shelter is an independent, unaffiliated 501(c) 3 organization and all donations are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by the law.
For many people, significant income tax advantages are available from making gifts of appreciated publically traded securities or IRA required minimum distributions directly to a charity. Talk to your tax specialist for details then contact Bard Way, Finance Director at Safe Shelter center for Domestic Violence Services, Inc. at 912-629-0026 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Safe Shelter Center for Domestic Violence Services, Inc. has been designated a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation by the Internal Revenue Service.
Donate Needed Items
• Household linens – new towels, blankets, pillows, and any size bed linens
• Personal hygiene products – Full size shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, deodorant
• Female hygiene products
• Sleepwear and packaged underwear – women’s and children’s
• Kitchen items – pots and pans, dinnerware, flatware, and glasses
• Laundry items – detergent, and softener
• Toilet paper, tissue, and paper towels
• Used cell phones
• Non-perishable food items
• Gift cards – Grocery stores, Drug stores, and All Purpose stores
• Household items for families leaving the Shelter
• Ballpoint pens
• No. 2 pencils
• Colored pencils
• Pencil sharpener – the ones with a top for shavings can be a lot less messy
• Large pink erasers
• Boxes of crayons
• Water-based markers
• 3-ring binder
• School uniforms – Solid white, navy blue, red or dark green long and short sleeved collared shirts; black, khaki, or navy shorts or slacks.